Saturday, June 24, 2006

June 24



So its Sat. afternoon here in Kitwe. I took the minibus in from Mwekera with some others to eat some good food and check our mail and I'm going to buy a cell phone.

Everything is going well over here, we are very busy every day doing technical training and language training and then I go home and attempt to talk with my Lunda family. It turns out I live in the ghetto of the fisheries compound so I am truly getting prepared for zambian life on my own (except I hope to be eating a little better on my own). I went fishing the other day and caught a couple largemouth breem which were very good eating and provided some much needed protein to my diet. One person already got malaria and another got an intestinal parasite but I have avoided everything so far. Thank god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home