Sunday, September 17, 2006

Slowazi

I have been sitting in Solwezi for 10 days because I have no money. For about 5 days now the bank says "ah there is no money for you today mr. fischer." Ok so I guess I'll just hang out in lovely solwezi. Tomorrow i will be going back to my site and getting back to the house building project and maybe a little fish farming. I have come to the realization, however, that a PC volunteer does a lot more American public relations than actual development work. I figure at this point if I can get at least a pond or two dug with fish by the time I leave it will be a "success." The concept of time is something foreign in Zambia and doing a project, even if you say "now, now" that means maybe in a week or a month. But, no worries, I am entering the heart of the tiger fishing season...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home